What's The Latest?
What's The Latest?
Umbrella Director becomes an Enterprise Advisor
Sam Coulstock FIH, Umbrella Training’s Business Relations Director has recently trained to become an Enterprise Advisor for The Careers & Enterpirise Company which is supported by Kent County Council.
Kent County Council and The Careers and Enterprise Company are looking for businesses from a variety of sectors to support Kent secondary schools and colleges with their enterprise and careers education strategies. This is an opportunity for you to use your knowledge of the world of work to make a lasting positive impact on the futures of young people.
As an Enterprise Adviser Sam will:
- volunteer his time can which can include email contact, phone calls, skype calls, 1-2-1 meetings, careers fair / parents evening attendance, assembly presentations etc;
- engage in the Enterprise Adviser induction programmes,
- join the Enterprise Adviser network group and attend network meetings where possible.
With the support of an Enterprise Coordinator, Sam will:
- support a school or college to develop an enterprise and employer engagement strategy that includes activities and information that promotes career paths and employability activities;
- work with the school or college to identify their priority areas for support regarding enterprise and employer engagement strategies and activities;
- help schools to engage with businesses (of all sizes) from the wider community through your own networks;
- share best practice and support other Enterprise Advisers;
- use resources and templates provided by the Enterprise Coordinator.
Sam said the following “I am very proud to have been asked to join this network of business leaders making a difference to young people in Kent. I see this as a great opportunity to help shape the future of careers in schools and deliver a programme that benifits young people. This is also a great platform for hospitality to promote its self as a great place to work and apprenticeships as a route to a succesful career”.
If you would like to find out more about The Careers & Enterprise Company or would like to get involved, visit the website
Find out about the experiences of some of our other apprentices
Download our guide to get all the information you need on Apprenticeships and the Levy!
Want advice on jobs, courses or your next step? Speak to one of our experts…
Is it time for you to progress your career with us? Join our team and #ComeUnderOurUmbrella...