What's The Latest?
What's The Latest?
The Purple Umbrella Awards 2018 – THE SHORTLIST
Apprentice of the Year Awards
The Purple Umbrella Award 2018
The Apprentice of the Year Award celebrates the success of the rising stars of the Hospitality industry.
The award recognises apprentices that have really stood out during their time within their Apprenticeship with Umbrella Training. They may have achieved some fantastic feats in their work, or have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment that really added value to a company’s workforce or the production.
Entries are open to any Apprentice (that is undertaking an Apprenticeship with Umbrella Training, or has recently completed) employed within a Hospitality company, and will recognise outstanding achievement, commitment, adding value to the Apprentice’s organisation, and personal development.
The award will be judged against the following criteria:
- Outstanding achievement – quality of work
- Commitment – good timekeeping and attitude
- Adding value – the use of initiative to improve workplace processes and/or quality
- Personal development – how the Apprentice has benefited from their training in terms of maturity and attitude
How to Enter – NOW CLOSED
- Entries can be directly from Apprentices or be nominated by their employer.
- Please send a written statement outlining the headings above (Criteria) in no more than 3,000 characters
- State which category you are entering
- Send completed entries (please outline details on nominator and nominee) NOW CLOSED
- Closing date is 9 Feb 2018, 5.00pm. NOW CLOSED
- Send an updated CV.
- You may wish to send supporting evidence like testimonial or photos.
|Jean-Louis Gbezo||The Rembrandt Hotel Limited (Sarova Hotels)|
|Liam Ferguson||HYATT REGENCY LONDON – THE CHURCHILL|
|Sarah Nerys Judge|
|Isabel Henriques||Firmdale Hotels|
|Monika Dajda||Georgian House Hotel|
|Nektarios Skarpellis||Firmdale Hotels|
|Sana Samnakay||Taj Hotels|
|Inga Zubaviciute||Royal Lancaster London|
|Gemma Hall||Strand Palace|
|Nina Williams||Royal Lancaster|
|Barbara Drzal Ziobrowska||Red Carnation Hotels|
|Tatjana Jasinska||The Goring Hotel, London|
|Gabi Cardos||Georgian House|
|Harry Sellick||The Goring Hotel, London|
|Adnana Pruteanu||Hotel Cafe Royal|
|Kamelja Aliaj||Red Carnation Hotels|
- Best Chef Apprentice
- Best Hospitality Team Member Apprentice
- Best Hospitality Supervisor Apprentice
- Best Foundation Degree Apprentice
- Best Alumni Apprentice
- Purple Umbrella Award – Overall Apprentice of the Year (Chosen by the judges from the entries above)
- Best Levy Lover – Awarded to best employer for investing in Apprenticeship training (awarded by Umbrella Training)
- Entries open on 15 Jan 2018
- Closing date 9 Feb 2018, 5.00pm
- Judging date w/c 12 Feb 2018
- Shortlisted informed and announced 26 Feb 2018
- Award winner announced on 8 March 20178 at 5.00pm at The Ritz London. All shortlisted candidates are invited to attend
The Purple Umbrella Award Winner will receive
- Celebrative Certificate
- Be-spoke designed award to keep
- £100 Amazon Gift Voucher
- Framed A4 photo of the presentation to keep
- Related PR
- Seat on the judging panel for 2019
Umbrella will use every opportunity to promote its Apprentice of the Year on social media, website and related PR.
Find out about the experiences of some of our other apprentices
Download our guide to get all the information you need on Apprenticeships and the Levy!
Want advice on jobs, courses or your next step? Speak to one of our experts…
Is it time for you to progress your career with us? Join our team and #ComeUnderOurUmbrella...