What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
What should I do if I think I have coronavirus or symptoms?
Stay at home for 14 days if you have either:
- A high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home. Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
- Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Download our guide here: IAG Guide v3.0
If you have any concerns about your training or workplace
Contact Umbrella Training
0333 577 2557
Unit 21, The Joiner’s Shop,
Or please contact your LDM directly
In an medical emergency, or if you need urgent medical assistance, you should always dial 999.
NHS Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found at:
Government advice can be found at: www.gov.uk