Harry Murray MBE was the keynote speaker at a high-profile event held to launch Umbrella Training’s ‘Hospitality Superheroes’ mentoring programme on 17 September.
Held at Haymarket Hotel, more than 50 people from across the sector attended the exclusive event aiming to promote the programme, with a view to encouraging more senior managers from the sector to take up mentoring as part of their everyday activity.
Murray was joined by Sara Jayne Stanes OBE, Sally Beck FIH, Liz McGivern, and other notable mentees who will be offering one-to-one mentoring sessions to apprentices working in restaurants, hotels and foodservices businesses.
The programme will include one-to-one discussions, webinars, presentations and talks at events for apprentices.
Murray said: “Hospitality is a great and rewarding career where you can reach the very top, and we have many success stories to support this.
“I welcome the launch of the Umbrella Superheroes Mentoring programme. Mentoring is a win-win initiative, a win for the Mentee who benefits from the relationship and a win for the Mentor who gains great satisfaction from sharing their experience and monitoring the progress of those they are supporting.”
Sally Beck MI FIH, General Manager at Royal Lancaster London and a Hospitality Superhero said “We all need mentoring at some time in our careers and sharing tips and supporting mentees on their journey is a vital part of leadership in our industry. More power to Umbrella for starting this initiative! Well done!”
“The initiative will see 100’s of Umbrella apprentices receive coaching, advice and guidance by some of the sectors finest experts. There is more to come on how more of you can be involved if you are interested.”Adele Oxberry FIH, CEO at Umbrella Training, added.
The full list of ‘Superheroes’ is as follows:
- Harry Murray MBE MI FIH, Chairman, Lucknam Park Hotel
- Brian Turner CBE
- Mark Sargeant, Michelin starred chef
- Cyrus Todiwala OBE DL, chef patron, Cafe Spice Namaste
- Chantelle Nicholson, Chef Patron, Tredwells London
- Sally Beck MI FIH, General Manager, Royal Lancaster London
- Joanne Taylor Stagg MI FIH, General Manager, The Athenaeum
- Ben Purton FIH, Chef Consultant
- Sara Edwards, Group HR Director, AB Hotels
- Liz McGivern, Vice President People & Culture, Red Carnation Hotels
- Sara Jayne Stanes, CEO, Royal Academy it Culinary Arts and founder of the Academy of Chocolate
- Adele Oxberry FIH, CEO and Founder, Umbrella Training Ltd
- Sam Coulstock FIH, Business Relations Director, Umbrella Training Ltd
- Holly Langan, Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Alumni & Winner of Purple Umbrella Award 2019, The Ritz London.
View career timelines here https://www.umbrellatraining.co.uk/latest-news/hospitality-superheroes/