Purple Umbrella Awards 2020 – Apprentice of the Year
The Purple Umbrella Awards which is Umbrella Training’s Apprentice of the Year Award celebrates the success of the rising stars of the Hospitality industry.
The award recognises apprentices that have really stood out during their time within their Apprenticeship with Umbrella Training. They may have achieved some fantastic feats in their work, or have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment that really added value to a company’s workforce or the production.
Entries are open to any Apprentice (that is undertaking an Apprenticeship with Umbrella Training, or has recently completed) employed within a hospitality company, and will recognise outstanding achievement, commitment, adding value to the Apprentice’s organisation, and personal development.
The award will be judged against the following criteria:
- Outstanding achievement – quality of work
- Commitment – good timekeeping and attitude
- Adding value – the use of initiative to improve workplace processes and/or quality
- Personal development – how the Apprentice has benefited from their training in terms of maturity and attitude.
How to Enter
- Entries can be directly from Apprentices or be nominated by their employer.
- Please send a written statement outlining the headings above (Criteria) in no more than 2,000 words
- State which category you are entering
- Send completed entries via Umbrella Training website www.umbrellatraining.co.uk
- Closing date is 20 December 2019, 5.00pm.
- You may wish to send supporting evidence like testimonial or photos.
- Best Chef Apprentice Level 2 – Sponsored by Innovate Awarding
- Best Chef Apprentice Level 3 – Sponsored by Off To Work
- Best Hospitality Team Member Apprentice – Sponsored by Caterer.com
- Best Hospitality Supervisor Apprentice – Sponsored by Professional Assessment Ltd
- Best Hospitality Manager – Sponsored by School of tourism and hospitality, University of Surrey
- Best Operations Manager Apprentice
- Best Learning & Development Apprentice – Sponsored by Mum
- Best Alumni Apprentice – Sponsored by Elite Hospitality Assessment Professionals
- Apprentice of the Year (Non Umbrella learner, open to the whole of the hospitality industry) – Sponsored by Umbrella Training
- Special Award (Chosen by the Umbrella Training Board) – Sponsored by Caterer.com
- Purple Umbrella Award – Overall Apprentice of the Year (Chosen by the judges and the Umbrella Training Board from the entries above) – Sponsored by Umbrella Training
The Judges (to be announced)
Independent experts from the hospitality industry and training professionals.
- Entries open on 1 October 2019
- Closing date 20 December 2019, 5pm
- Judging date 13 January 2020
- Shortlisted informed and announced before 17 January 2020
- Award winners announced on 6 March 2020 at the Purple Umbrella Awards Dinner at The SAVOY. Max of 3 shortlisted candidates are invited to attend per award.
All winners will receive
- Celebration Certificate
- Be-spoke designed award to keep
- Framed A4 photo of the presentation to keep
- Related PR
Umbrella will use every opportunity to promote its Apprentice of the Year on social media, website and related PR.
Thank you to our Sponsors