What's The Latest?
What's The Latest?
Apprentice of the Year Award 2017 – call for entries is now closed
The Purple Umbrella Award 2017
The hunt is on for the Umbrella Training, Apprentice of the Year which will celebrates the success of the rising stars of the hospitality industry.
The award recognises apprentices that have really stood out during their time within their apprenticeship with Umbrella Training. They may have achieved some fantastic feats in their work, or show extraordinary commitment that really adds value to a company’s workforce or the production.
Entries are open to any apprentice (that is undertaking an apprenticeship with Umbrella Training, or has done recently) that is employed within a hospitality company, and will recognise outstanding achievement, commitment, adding value to the apprentice’s company, and personal development.
The award will be judged against the following criteria:
- Outstanding achievement – quality of workmanship
- Commitment – good timekeeping and attitude
- Adding value – the use of initiative to improve workplace processes and/or quality
- Personal development – how the apprentice has benefited from his/her training in terms of maturity and workmanship
How to Enter
- Entries can be directly from Apprentices or be nominated by their employer.
- Please send a written statement outlining the headings above (Criteria) and no more than 2,000 words
- Send entry with details on who is nominating and who the nominee is to email@example.com
- Closing date is 17 Feb 2017, 5pm.
- Send an updated CV.
- You may wish to send supporting evidence like testimonial or photos.
The Judges (TBC)
- Pete Fullard – UpSkill People
- Annette Allmark – People 1st
- Monica Or – Star Quality Hospitality
- Emily Perry – Humm Media
- Entries open on 31 Jan 2017
- Closing Date 17 Feb 2017
- Judging date 24 Feb 2017
- Shortlisted informed and announced on 28 Feb 2017
- Award winner announced on 7 March 2017 at 5pm at Lancaster London. All shortlisted candidates are invited to attend.
The Winner will receive
- Celebration Certificate
- Be-spoke designed award to keep for one year
- £100 Amazon Gift Voucher
- Award presented by Brian Turner CBE, Trustee of the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts’ and Board Member of the Hospitality Apprenticeship Board.
- Framed A4 photo of the presentation to keep.
- Related PR
- Sit on the judging panel for 2018.
Umbrella will use every opportunity to promote its Apprentice of the Year on social media, website and related PR.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE:
Find out about the experiences of some of our other apprentices
Download our guide to get all the information you need on Apprenticeships and the Levy!
Want advice on jobs, courses or your next step? Speak to one of our experts…