New Forest Hotels is a group of 5 hotels and a pub. We are country house hotels ranging from 3 to 4 stars. New Forest Hotels has a commitment to being recognised as a first class employer that cares for, develops, inspires and empowers its people. We have recently focused on staff benefits, recognition and incentives, rewards and pay, training and development, team work and communication. Our group values include: Honesty, Encouragement, Loyalty and Positivity.
We are searching for an energetic, intuitive and passionate individual to take the position of Food & Beverage apprentice with the key role of delivering exceptional customer service to our guests.
Friendly, presentable and welcoming you’ll be someone who thrives on working in a fast paced environment and prides themselves on exceeding customer expectations.
The role will predominantly involve restaurant and bar work, however may also involve some housekeeping and reception duties. Conference & banqueting will also be part of the role.
Full-training will be given to the right candidate, with fantastic development opportunities. This would ideally suit someone looking to start their career in the hospitality industry.
- To provide a consistently high standard of service in all food & beverage departments with a genuine interest in food & drink.
- To be responsible for assisting the Duty Manger with a smooth operation of breakfast, lunch and dinner services, as well as restaurant and bar set-up/close down.
- To assist reception with check-in & check-out, porterage and general guest enquiries.
- To carry out conference host duties and to assist banqueting teams with set-up and service.
- Serving restaurant and function guests as required
- Ensuring that all guests requests are dealt with efficiently
- Following checklists during shift to ensure all duties are completed
- Serving conferences with tea/coffee/lunches etc.
- Serving drinks in the bar when required
- Ensuring that the restaurant is clean and tidy at all times
- Maintain a safe environment for guests and staff
- To attend any training courses required to enhance your training
Working Week & Pay
- Typical working week will be 5 days out of 7, including evenings and weekends
- 48 hours per week – if under 18 this will be 40 hours per week.
- £5 per hour with a guaranteed pay rise upon completing the first year of your apprenticeship
- Tips paid monthly on top of your salary
- Competitive benefits package including perk box.
With a commitment to training, developing and investing in our people, once you have completed your apprenticeship there will be opportunities to progress within and continue your development to a higher-level apprenticeship.
- An energetic individual, eager to learn and keen to start a new career in the hospitality industry. No previous hospitality experience is required.
- Ideally a good standard of English and Maths (GCSE A-C) however, functional skills training can be offered.
- Ideally a driver due to location of hotels.
- Hard working with a great attitude.
Important Other Information
You will be working shifts including evenings and weekends with occasional split shifts. The industry is seasonal so be prepared for fluctuations between busy periods and quieter times.
Made up of 70% on the job experience, 20% mentoring & coaching and just 10% classroom learning, Umbrella Training’s learning model gives apprentices the chance to work with experienced hospitality professionals, gain valuable work experience and study for a qualification whilst earning.
Hospitality is very much a seasonal business and the successful candidate must be prepared for and understand the fluctuations from quieter to busier times of years so therefore needs to be adaptable.
Please tell us why you would like to work in hospitality?
What aspects of your personality do you think will help you thrive in this industry?