- 40 hours a week, working a mixture of early 9-4pm shifts or late 3-11pm
- Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected apprenticeship duration
Possible start date
06 Jul 2018
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The PIG’s Chef Apprenticeship Programme has been running for 5 years, we belief that with the Nationwide shortage of chefs, that apprentices are the way forward. Are kitchens are busy and on average we will serve 150 people a day during the week and double that at the weekend! So, In the initial few months you will be shadowing a more senior chef until you find your feet. In return for your hard work and dedication, we make sure that our apprentices get varied experience across the whole kitchen, covering all sections and participating in what makes THE PIGs special, like curing and smoking our own salmon, bee keeping, butchery, and animal husbandry.
You’ll will get a variety of inhouse training which will cover all aspects of Health and Safety, Manual handling, Fire training, COSHH.
We also like to take the apprentices out and about to visiting markets and suppliers and participate in bread making, chocolate workshops.
- Food preparation
- Following strict hygiene policies and health and safety rules
- Learning to manage time effectively in order to carry out tasks quickly and competently
Requirements and prospects
- Apprentices will receive training, but general knowledge and passion for food is important
- Basic knife skills and an understanding of working clean and time management
- We are looking for a dedicated, passionate candidate who wants to progress in their career as a chef
- Willing to listen and take direction. Able to adapt quickly when moving to different section around the kitchen
A good understanding of English.