A hotel, restaurant, live music venue and members club. The Curtain sits at the heart of Shoreditch, London’s most creative district. Centered around 120 guest rooms, including five suites, there is a rooftop pool and lounge, 24-hour gym, treatment rooms, co-working space and 6,000 square feet of event space, with a ballroom, screening room and more. The Curtain is a new landmark in a district bursting with personality
We are recruiting for full time Chef Apprentices to join The Curtain family. All of our kitchen team members are on 40 hour contracts on a flexible rota regardless of which kitchen you work in… And we have 3!
- To attend, participate in and contribute to briefings and team meetings
- Ensure efficient time and motion at all times
- Basic food knowledge and understanding of the brand and the cookery
- To ensure the mise en place is performed to a high standard
- To sustain high presentation & correct positioning and cooking of food at all times with guidance from senior chefs
- To maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and up keep of equipment
- To ensure daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties are carried out as instructed by senior chefs
- To insure all food standards set by the business and Head Chef and Sous Chefs are maintained at all times in regard to food deliveries, food preparation and food service
- To maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and up keep of all equipment within the kitchen operation set by the Brand & Head Chef and Sous Chefs
- To ensure you as an employee and the junior staff report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform at all times, maintaining the highest standard of hygiene
- Provide Rockstar customer service to our guests and teams at all times
- Follow all relevant health and safety regulations
- Attentiveness, active listening, good communication skills all delivered in true rock star fashion
- To Support, train and act as a role model to new members of the team
- Ensure a smooth and efficient operation
Be excellent at multi-tasking whilst keeping our guests at the front of their mind at all times
5 out of 7 and 40 hours
Future prospects description
We have a wide variety of roles available in the kitchen and we hope that these apprentices will be working towards the role of Chef De Partie
We are looking for passionate people that have a real enthusiasm for food and delivering the very best quality whilst injecting some proactive rock and roll fun into the service. You will be a great communicator and able to demonstrate our family values – Honest, Selfless, Courageous, Curious and Kindness.
Basic knife skills would be advantageous but not essential.
What is important to you about the type of place you wish to work and why have you applied for this role?
What is it about the wonderful world of food that makes you want a career in it?