Independent hotel driven by quality and the highest standards of individual hospitality and service, collectively achieving outstanding performance.
Whilst learning a new trade, to give support to the Kitchen department by carrying out the preparation and cooking of food to standard whilst under supervision
Full job description
- To carry out all tasks as directed by your immediate supervisor/ manager and to assist in any other areas or duties within the kitchen/ hotel upon request.
- To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled working hours (subject to change) and work to them on a weekly basis.
- To take ownership that you are aware of your scheduled college attendance and attend classes as required
- To take ownership that all college coursework is up to date at all times and to make detailed notes of all new tasks performed in the workplace on a daily basis. And submit to your sous chef weekly.
- To work as an individual and as part of a team by assisting in the preparation of mise-en-place and service for the section / department.
- Complete a mise en place list for your daily tasks in order of priority and check with your supervisor prior to commencing work.
- To cook and present food to the correct standard as outlined in the outlet menu manual and as per standards recommended by Leading Hotels of The World.
- To take ownership on correct portion control and that wastage is kept to a minimum and to ensure that correct stock rotation is evident within the section
- To take ownership for kitchen cleanliness at all times. To take care of your uniform, your personal appearance and hygiene in accordance with hotel policy and procedure.
- To assist with any duties as assigned by the Chef de Partie.
Other Duties and responsibilities:
- To maintain good working relations with your team and all other members of staff in the kitchen.
- To attend all mandatory training shows.
- To comply and be aware of the hotel fire and emergency procedures.
- To be aware and to ensure personal compliance with all hotel Health & Safety procedures.
- To hold a valid basic Food Hygiene certificate and to work to the procedures as stated in the Landmark food safety manual.
5 days per week, 8 hours per shift.
The hotel industry is a 24-hour 7-day a week business, the Apprentice needs to show flexibility to ensure that the service standards are delivered to our internal and external guests.
The job requires working in a kitchen area and be able to function in areas heated by ovens, stoves etc. Physical requirements are heavy with some lifting and walking and standing for long periods of time.
You need to be driven, passionate, to believe in our vision, and to be excited about the journey we’ve started
Tell us why
What interests you in joining the Landmark London?
Do you have the right to work in the UK?