A private members’ club in central London whose aim is to provide high quality and affordable facilities and services for club members, in order to preserve, promote, and foster the traditions of the Royal Air Force.
To assist the Executive Chef in all kitchen operations and to ensure food preparation, production, quality and presentation is maintained as laid down in standards manuals and to maintain a safe hygienic working area.
- To carry out those duties as designated by the Executive Chef
- To requisition and control perishable and dry goods foods
- To check that all food produce is of the required standards of quality quantity and presentation
- To check that all food is stored and used in rotation to eliminate wastage and adhere to the Health and Hygiene laws
- Assist in the training of trainees
- Utilise products and energy resources to minimise wastage
- To report any faulty damaged or dangerous equipment
- To follow close down procedure at the end of shift to ensure safety of equipment and security of produce is maintained
- To be aware of emergency, safety and first aid procedures and to report all accidents to the Duty Manager
- To wear the correct uniform at all times
- To behave at all times in a manner which projects a good image to guests and staff within the Club
Full role as a commis chef or the chance to progress onto a Level 3 chef de partie qualification.
- Basic food skills
- Basic hygeine knowledge
- To have a good working knowledge of all sections of a section of the kitchen to NVQ Level 2 standard
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Willing to learn
- Passion for food
GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grade C or above.
NVQ Level 2 Standard knowledge (desirable)
45 hours per week (40 paid), 5 days per week – 2 days off (variable working pattern). Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Apr 2018