Founded in 2008 with his wife Jane, Marcus Wareing Restaurants began with the opening of the two Michelin starred Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley (now known simply as “Marcus”). The group now includes The Gilbert Scott, an elegant British restaurant and bar in The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel and Tredwell’s, a west-end dining room serving high-quality food in a casual space.
The Apprentice Commis Chef role is exposed to all the operational aspects of the kitchen, although being focused in learning all the basics as in food preparation and follow the instructions given by senior chefs.
- Learn different procedures of food preparation
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of chefs
- Assist in operating commercial cooking equipment such as stoves, cookers, ovens and fryers
- Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
- Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and any near expiry ones are dealt with according to the restaurant’s policies
- Help chefs in cooking activities by providing input and managing work
- Set up food stations by following chef’s orders
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
What we are looking for:
- to be an ambassador of the culture of Marcus Wareing Restaurants
- have a passion for producing great food
- great attention to detail and training skills
- ability to work under pressure
- enthusiastic, quick thinking with a can do attitude
- a good command of English is also needed
- be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Interest/Passion for food
- Food Prep – measuring, weighing and portioning.
- Good attitude to listen and follow instructions
Why would you like to join Marcus Wareing Restaurants?
Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?